Acquiring a Lipizzan
Acquisition of a Lipizzan horse
Process/terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for the acquisition of a Lipizzan horse
Before bid submission or prior to the takeover of the Lipizzan horse, the prospective owner is to confirm that he/she will comply with the obligations, and that he/she is familiar with and fulfils all the prescribed conditions, namely:
- meets all the standard conditions for accommodation and well-being of horses,
- he/she must care for the horse with all due diligence,
- he/she must ensure adequate pasture space or a suitable running area for the horse on a daily basis, and take care of its well-being,
- he/she must provide regular health care,
- the horse should not be used in a way which can reduce its medical fitness,
Advantages for the buyer of a Lipizzan horse from Lipica
The buyer or the new owner of a Lipizzan horse from Lipica becomes a partner of the Lipica Stud Farm; therefore, the Lipica Stud Farm will offer or provide him/her with:
- professional advice on horse breeding,
- advice on all matters related to horse ownership,
- the payment of one-off costs of a mandatory veterinary examination for the presence of infectious diseases, the mandatory protective vaccination of animals, and deworming.
Additional advantages for the new owner of a Lipizzan horse from Lipica:
- The Lipica Stud Farm puts the owner on the list of "Lipizzan friends", upon his/her prior consent,
- the owner can, once a year, visit the stud farm – during for the period in which he/she will be the owner of the horse,
- the owner is invited to certain professional events at the Lipica Stud Farm during the period in which he/she will be the owner of the horse.
Note: we reserve the right to change the horse sale process.